How healthy is your relationship?
Some examples of abuse are listed below. Have you ever done any of these behaviors or had them done to you?
- Hiding keys, shoes, clothing, or money so someone cannot leave.
- Lying to or cheating on someone.
- Holding onto someone or holding them down so they cannot walk away.
- Frequently yelling or cursing at the other person.
- Ripping, tearing, or pulling someone’s clothes.
- Abandoning someone in an unsafe place.
- Threatening to break up with someone if they refuse sexual acts or get what they want.
- Threatening or intimidating- making the other person feel scared for themselves or someone they care about.
- Physically forcing someone into sexual behavior.
- Lying to or manipulating to get their way.
- Playing mind games to make the other person think they are crazy.
- Sexual acts while one person is too drunk or too high to make a sound decision.
- Forcing someone to watch pornography against their will.
- Holding someone to unattainable standards.
- Put downs, calling names, telling someone they are stupid or ugly.
- Controlling behavior- telling the other person what to do, what to wear, who to hang out with, etc
- Being told no one will ever love you like they do.
- Hitting walls next to someone’s head or showing abuse towards other people or animals
If this is happening in a relationship you know about — do something! Get information & a safety plan!!